The prospect of cancellation is a very real fear for most, if not all, TV shows. The axe will surely fall eventually, but WHEN? With our team of network sources and insiders, we have the very latest news on whether Songland is cancelled or renewed? Our handy cancel/renew tracker will keep you up to speed on the status of NBC TV show Songland!
Songland Season 2 Cancelled or Renewal Status:
Songland Season 2 Premiere Date
About Songland TV Show
· NBC's groundbreaking series "Songland" is back for a second season beginning on Monday, April 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
· The 10-epsiode series is an authentic peek into the creative process of songwriting and provides undiscovered songwriters the chance to pitch their original creations to top recording artists and a panel of the most sought-after producers in music - Ester Dean (Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer of Rihanna, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj), Shane McAnally (three-time Grammy-winning songwriter and producer of Kacey Musgraves, Kelly Clarkson and Sam Hunt with over 40 #1 country records and two-time ACM Songwriter of the Year) and Ryan Tedder (lead singer of OneRepublic and four-time Grammy Award-winning songwriter and producer of Adele, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé and Jonas Brothers) - in the hopes of creating the recording artists' next big hit songs.
· Guest recording artists featured on season one included Jonas Brothers, John Legend, Meghan Trainor, will.i.am, OneRepublic, Kelsea Ballerini, Macklemore, Charlie Puth, Aloe Blacc, Old Dominion and Leona Lewis. Guest recording artists for season two will be announced at a later date.
· Season 1 of "Songland" produced multiple chart-topping hits including seven songs that achieved a #1 ranking on an iTunes music chart.
· "Songland" was the #1 new alternative series of the summer in 18-49 and total viewers (with a 1.1 rating in adults 18-49 and 5.1 million viewers overall in "live plus seven day" Nielsens). After 35 days of digital and linear delayed viewing, "Songland" grew to a 1.9 rating in 18-49 and 7.6 million viewers overall.
· "Songland" is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Audrey Morrissey ("The Voice"), director Ivan Dudynsky, Eurythmics co-founder and Songwriter Hall of Fame inductee Dave Stewart, Chad Hines, and multi-Grammy-winning recording artist and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine. Josh Gummersall will serve as producer along with Ryan Tedder. The concept was devised by Stewart, Morrissey and Dudynsky.
· "Songland" is produced by Live Animals in association with Universal Television Alternative Studio, Dave Stewart Entertainment and 222 Productions.